Friday, January 25, 2013

Flashback...

I don't know... I'm a bit mellow these days and came up with this flashback.

The reason I made this blog in the first place was to accomodate my weird and contradictive habits...
I love writing journals and diaries but I get bored easily, not to mention that I'm moody. So I've always ended up with uncontinued diary books. I thought that making a blog would be my solution and saving me from wasting diary books (and saving a forest).

Here's what happened in my everyday life that I've shared over the years here on A Day In The Life.



2007

August 2007 - I started this blog and was still figuring out what I should write & share
November 2007 - I posted my first entry about my work team. I can recall the day, it was a hectic day full of pressure that I came up with a post to motivate myself.
Desember 2007 - I was still struggling with contents to put in my blog and posted a random entry about my characters.




2008

February 2008 - I was still as random as I could be...
August 2008 - I had a blast attending my high school reunion.
November 2008 - I finally found my old passion and started cross-stitching again. It started with my first piece of cross-stitch and several pieces followed suit. And then my passion grew bigger and started to found cute designs. And I started writing in English instead of Bahasa Indonesia because I felt awkward writing in my native language (Yes, I'm weird like that o_O).




2009

June 2009 - I found myself exploring my hometown for cross-stitch supplies more often and of course roaming the internet for ideas and informations. That's when I fell in love with colorful designs of Jeremiah Junction, fresh color of strawberries, and my all-time-favorite designers, Margaret Sherry.
August 2009 - I made a cross-stitch piece for my sister's birthday.




2010

May 2010 - I posted a belated entry of my Oriental Cross Stitch by Lesley Teare.
June 2010 - I enjoyed making birthday gifts for my daughter's friends.
July 2010 - I tried out new designs, monochrome and traditional.
August 2010 - I love(d) batik, I should learn photography, and I stitched so slowly.
September 2010 - I learned new things about cross-stitching and blogging, a Stitch-A-Long and Blog Giveaway... And bought another traditional theme design of the Balinese Dancer.
October 2010 - I attended my university big reunion and stitching this and that.
November 2010 - Bali!!! I stitched a Balinese dancer design and did a work trip to Bali.
December 2010 - I finished my Balinese dancer and did my first New Year Cross Stitch Exchange with fellow Indonesian cross-stitchers.




2011

January 2011 - It was time to reveal what was inside the New Year Cross Stitch Exchange package. I also updated my monochrome tablecloth progress and started my Parisian Street. I also made Violinist Cat from Margaret Sherry for another birthday girl.
February 2011 - More updates on Parisian Street, how I 'build' my 2nd storey of the cafe and then the 3rd storey.
March 2011 - A family gathering and another birthday gifts for Nabila and Tasya.
April 2011 - I did a slow update on my Parisian Street.
May 2011 - I finished my Margaret Sherry Lovers SAL #1, the Culinary Cats.
June 2011 - Parisian Street was finished and maicih was trending.
July 2011 - I finished my monochrome tablecloth and uploaded my blackwork piece.
October 2011 - After two months break, I was back with random post and old pieces post.
November 2011 - I enjoyed mobile photography and captured my everyday life through its lens.
December 2011 - Year-end has always been a hectic time, I struggled to do some stitching and spent holiday at home. And I joined the New Year Cross Stitch Exchange again.




2012

January 2012 - New year and late posts of work trip.
February 2012 - More about my social network service on mobile photography and getting used to mobile blogging through my smartphone.
April 2012 - I joined Margaret Sherry Lover SAL #3 and finished its first piece. I used pictures from my phone camera for blog entries on mobile photography SNS, gardening try-out, and my birthday.
May 2012 - I started to drabble too much and did some updates.
June 2012 - I tried other form of craft, made changes on my daily routines, and prepared Margaret Sherry Lover Summer Exchange.
July 2012 - I finished cat #2 from the SAL and started Ramadhan fasting.
August 2012 - A start to hectic months at work and celebrating Eid-ul Fitri.
September 2012 - It was great participating in Margaret Sherry Lovers' Summer Exchange and doing a Pixie Parcel for a friend.
October 2012 - Appreciate life through Breast Cancer Awareness Month and treasuring friends and family we have.
December 2012 - Time to celebrate special days. And I actually did a New Year Cross Stitch Exchange for the third time, but didn't have time to post about it. Maybe later...



*phew*
Enough with the flashbacks...
Let's enjoy some coffee and happy stitching!


2 comments:

  1. Salam perkenalan. Wah, banyak yg kamu sdh bikin - saya amat kagum! Keep stitching ya! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello...! Salam kenal juga! Terima kasih yaaa.... Happy stitching to you too! Selamat berakhir pekan!

      Delete