Saturday, November 13, 2010

Another Side of Bali (1)

Last Wednesday, I got a chance to visit Bali again...(unfortunately) for work. Well, I haven't had a chance to go there for vacation.. :-(
But then I thought that others do not necessarily have the opportunity to visit Bali for free, so I just enjoyed the trip and did my tasks at my best.

I always pictured Bali as an island with beautiful beaches and rice fields, thousand of temples and attractive dances. This time I got to know another side of Bali by visiting small handicraft industries at Pejaten village, Tabanan Regency. They produce ceramic handicraft and pottery. I was there to identify what kind of training that they need to improve their products quality and sales.

They used to make roof-tiles.



But in order to increase the added-value, some of them switched to handicraft making.


Many interesting things I observed here.. I'll be back with another post..

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had a work trip to Bali ;) hehehe
    Glad to know that you were able to at least enjoy a little :) One day you'll go back for more time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nia,

    Yep, I wish my next trip to Bali will be a family vacation.. :)

    ReplyDelete