Monday, March 14, 2011

Birthday Gift for Nabila

Last year, I have made a cross stitch birthday gift for my daughter's BFF, Nabila, when she and my daughter are in the 4th grade. This year, they are in the same class again at 5th grade. Since she had already received a framed cross stitch gift, this time I was thinking of giving her a smaller piece. By accident, I found this Margaret Sherry's Cat Bookmark chart. So I stitched the chart on a 16 count, 2 inches wide, white Aida band that I just bought at an online store.



It was my first time stitching on a 16 ct fabric... the squares are so small!!!
Fortunately, the chart was a fun to do...
And I used a cotton fabric for the back of the bookmark..

5 comments:

  1. It's lovely, Dinny! It's a beautiful gift. Congrats! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's soooooooooo adorable!!! =)
    Great work Dinny :D Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Dinny!! Sorry that I just visited your blog again! OH, I love bookmarks!! Your work is so amazing! What did you use as the back? It seems like a very soft fabric or something..?

    By the way, unfortunately my previous blog has gone due to the administrator decided not to renew their domain. So, learning from the past, I have made a brand-new blog on blogspot. Check it out if you have the time!

    Cheers,
    Cassle

    ReplyDelete